Well he finally has arrived. We went to the hospital Sunday night and I was given cervidil in order to help get my cervix ready. The next morning I was induced and labor began at 7:00 am. The reason for the induction was that the doctor was concerned that he was already a big baby and would just get bigger the longer we waited. Labor was going as smoothly as it could go with a wonderful epidural. Brent was surprised at the lack of drama. About 6:00 pm I began to push and continued for the next two hours. After realizing that Gabriel's head was turned and that is why he was not descending the doctor decided that we should use the vacuum and as a last result a C-section. Well needless to say he was vacuumed out and that is when the drama began.
When he came out he had a huge conehead, and weighed 9.1 lbs and 21 1/2 inches long. So he was a big baby and did quite a number on me, but let me tell you he is worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment